As the Release Engineer, you will be responsible for building our software and coordinating releases to our servers for all product lines.
A qualified candidate will work with the development, quality assurance, and system administration teams to ensure reliable release procedures throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
Experience with building software is essential.
- This position is full-time 40 hours weekly, Monday - Friday.
- Remote work is available
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Review release notes and create release instructions accordingly.
- Perform deployment of software components to our QA and production environments.
- Maintain source code repositories and promote best practices.
- Report metrics and provide work estimates.
- Maintain automated software build processes for Java leading to deployment-ready systems.
- Works with development teams to improve standards for software configuration.
- Participate in business and architectural meetings for future projects.
- Document process and procedures related to the deployment of software.
- Mentor less experienced employees with a focus on education and best practices.
- Participate in milestone planning and scheduling.
- Provide leadership in the absence of management.
- May participate in the interview process for prospective department employees.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process
- Proficiency in:
- the use of source control management systems and defect tracking systems.
- deploying software to production environments with minimal risk and downtime.
- Git, Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, JSON, XML, Bash.
- Automating builds/releases with Jenkins for Java codebases.
- Linux infrastructure setup.
- Configuration and maintenance of HTTPD, Apache Tomcat and MySql.
- Any scripting language.
- Chef or puppet or Ansible.
- Work with Linux at a bash command line safely and effectively.
- Identify, describe and fix issues on system and application level.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Knowledge of the Java language and system architecture concepts would be a big plus.
- Familiarity with building tools such as maven, make ant, rake, or ivy would be a big plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- 4+ years experience working in a software development role or 2+ years experience in a release engineering role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks.