Global IT Factory is a leading provider of education software, delivering cutting-edge systems to top-tier universities worldwide. Our Curriculum Management Systems have earned us recognition as one of the top 12 producers in the world, according to Gartner®. With global business development and delivery teams in Australia and Serbia, we're committed to providing innovative solutions for universities everywhere.
Our company's mission is to empower universities globally by providing them with the right tools to manage, innovate, and collaborate on curriculum design for their students. We constantly strive to set new standards in the industry and enhance the educational experience for academics and students worldwide.
As our company continues to grow, we're seeking a competent and self-driven individual to join our Belgrade team and contribute to our mission.
Release Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that software updates are delivered to SaaS customers on time and of high quality, while minimizing risks and improving efficiency. Release manager coordinates with different stakeholders, governs and manages schedules to satisfy interdependencies. The key objective is to ensure that the SaaS roadmap includes the right mix of features and updates to meet the needs of customers, and to facilitate the continuous delivery of a high-quality solution.
- Proactively managing risks and resolving challenges that may impact the scope, quality, or schedule of software releases.
- Planning release windows and effectively communicating critical release details to implementation and business teams.
- Tracking and monitoring progress to ensure timely software releases that meet defined quality standards.
- Coordinating cross-functional processes and teams, often in geographically dispersed locations, to streamline software release workflows.
- Strategically managing, planning, and negotiating all release-related activities with relevant stakeholders.
- Developing and executing deployment run-sheets with accuracy and precision.
- Conducting thorough release readiness and milestone reviews to ensure smooth delivery of software releases.
- Collaborating with DevOps teams to improve automation and implement release management tools, scripts, and continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Researching new software development trends and emerging techniques to effectively manage configurations for a business's specific needs.
- Ensuring that software releases meet performance expectations and are error-free.
- Ensuring that requirements are clearly communicated across dependent project streams for effective software release management.
You will need to have the following attributes to be considered for the role:
- A minimum of three years of experience in the IT industry in roles such as Project or Release management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in both English and Serbian languages.
- Thorough understanding of all IT processes and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including customers and internal teams.
- Possession of a university degree or equivalent practical experience.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, as needed, to accommodate communication across different time zones.
Nice to have:
- A proven track record of Agile delivery.
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
What we offer:
- Remote first team, work from anywhere.
- Friendly, collaborative, and flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Interesting and challenging work to foster your personal and professional growth.
- Private health insurance and Fitpass access.
Why Work with us:
- We work in small teams that are very strong technically. You will be collaborating with senior professionals, with plenty of industry experience. Being part of a highly professional, growing team focused on great outcomes, will foster your personal and professional growth.
- We will trust you and help you grow. You will be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital for the company to meet its proposed targets. We also take career development seriously, and provide education and courses as needed.
- Work from anywhere. We rely on top global talent, not only those living within a 10km radius from the office. We trust our people to work remotely and deliver on the proposed results.
Interested? Apply now to learn more about this opportunity and gain the chance to be a part of a growing technology company!
Feedback will be provided only to shortlisted candidates.