What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What you’ll do
3Lateral and Epic Games are looking for an experienced Research Engineer. The ideal candidate will bring passion for digital humans and experience in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, geometry processing, and/or machine learning. You will develop and apply algorithms in the domain of human face and body detection, segmentation, reconstruction, modelilng, rigging, and tracking to help us build the next generation of digital humans. 3Lateral developed one of the world’s best face and body 3D and 4D scanners and has the team and toolsets for creating extremely precisely labelled datasets. If you are looking to push the state-of-the-art using the best data out there and would like to help us cross the uncanny valley, we'd like to hear from you!
What we’re looking for
- MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Computer Graphics and Computer Vision techniques
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Experience with real-time systems, multi-threading, SIMD, and GPGPU
- Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures
- Understanding of modern Machine Learning concepts
- Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc
- Knowledge of 3D packages such as Autodesk Maya
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or experience with the game or other engine technology
Nice to have skills
- Research work/publications in the fields of Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and/or Computer Vision
- Experience in the field of digital humans
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees (EEs) and dependents (deps). We offer coverage for private medical insurance (inc. dental/vision), supplemental life, supplemental accident, disability, meal allowance, snacks, fruits and coffee as well as movie tickets and wedding/baby gifts.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Deadline for applications: 08.08.2021.