Senior Backend Security Engineer - Rust - Core Backend
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Senior Backend Security Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise and help design new services and security features. You will carry projects from initial requirements, implementation, up to production.
- Design and implementation of enterprise grade policy enforcement infrastructure, security instruments and procedures
- Design and implementation of microservices in Rust
- Writing secure, reusable, testable, and efficient code
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code in Rust
- Experience designing and implementing security frameworks, instruments or policy enforcement services
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Leadership in defining technical requirements and drive projects through to completion
- Assume technical responsibility of complex backend systems, identify opportunities for system improvement
- Act as technical leader, mentor junior engineers and ensure best practices are adhered to
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with system languages (C, C++, Go) and/or strongly typed programming (OCaml, Haskell, Rust)
- Be knowledgeable about distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.