We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr! We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with experience in Spark/Scala to join our team of data scientists and engineers to build, deploy, and iterate on large-scale data pipelines and applications.
HOW DO WE WORK
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET‘S TALK MORE ABOUT YOU. THE SENIOR DATA ENGINEER POSITION MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU:
- Have hands-on experience with Scala, Spark, and Python to implement large-scale data flows.
- Have production experience with open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Airflow, HBase, etc.
- Have experience in managing and tuning Hadoop and related services in production.
- Care about architecture, unit testing, and building reliable infrastructure and pipelines.
- Are motivated to propose technical solutions, own software architecture, evaluate technologies and infrastructure, and develop technical roadmaps for future applications.
- Bring programming skills in multiple programming languages and paradigms. In addition to Scala and Python, you are likely to encounter Java, PHP, and SQL in this role and the idea of using them on a regular basis should not be a blocker for you.
- Are familiar with professional software engineering methods and standards such as coding conventions, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet your teammates in person. We hold an annual all-company meeting every year, and meet up with our teams for a week once or twice per year. Important note: at the moment all company travel has been suspended due to COVID-19. Automattic is monitoring government and health agency reports closely and responding however possible to prioritize safety and well-being for our team and communities.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
HOW TO APPLY
Please answer the following questions in the application form. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us some details about an interesting at-scale data problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting or challenging?
- Include a link to a recent favorite blog post or paper about working with lots of data.
- What questions do you have for us?
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Deadline for applications: 11.06.2022.
Oni su ljudi koji stoje iza WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, WordPress VIP, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, Atavist, Happy Tool idrugih. Ponosni su što su kompanije sa preko 1100 autmatičara u 75 zemalja koji govore preko 90 različitih jezika.