About the Company:
Launched in 2017 in New York, N.Y., UPSTACK is transforming the infrastructure is sourced and sold. Through a powerful combination of the industry's leading advisors, advanced technology, and dedicated customer support resources—UPSTACK uses actionable business intelligence to architect and source customized technology solutions for businesses of all sizes. With UPSTACK, business buyers streamline IT procurement by tapping into a single source for mission-critical technology services from hundreds of proven providers, along with the professional guidance to identify and evaluate the best solutions.
UPSTACK recently secured a substantial equity investment from Berkshire Partners, a firm with over 35 years of investment experience and deep sector expertise in technology and communications. The investment is being used to evolve UPSTACK's intuitive technology platform, expand its product and service portfolio and accelerate its direct investments in the industry's top-producing sales agencies. To date, the company has acquired over twenty independent agencies to become the largest and fastest-growing agency in the technology industry.
About the Team:
At UPSTACK, the Engineering team is responsible for building software to help manage complex business processes and implementing complex system integrations. The Engineering team also works closely with the Product organization to develop and drive the long-term roadmap for our suite of software.
Engineers at UPSTACK believe that clear is better than clever, sturdy is better than shiny, and done is better than perfect. We write testable, well-documented code that thoughtfully answers the needs of the company. We remember the human, whether that’s the user at the other end of the system or our fellow engineer.
About the Role:
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, delivery and self-service of UPSTACK’s product and technology platform using an agile, secure, repeatable and incremental delivery methodology. This is a full time role.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide operational and administrator support for GitHub, Terraform, and Datadog instances
- Support, extend, and automate cloud infrastructure given business requirements
- Support and continue to build out effective, secure, and automated software and infrastructure change management processes based on the technology roadmap and product security compliance requirements
- Streamline engineering processes using existing technology stack and recommend continuous improvements with the goal of maturing automation into a self-service model that supports all engineering teams
- Collaborate with data and application engineering teams to understand system needs and optimization opportunities while providing excellent operational support to the team as needed
- Extend and improve system observability through performance management and analysis tools
- Assist with defining and implementing Disaster Recovery processes, including backup and restore with established RPO and RTO objectives
- Mentor other engineers and participate in interviewing and skill assessments as needed
Ideal Candidate Profile:
You have strong experience implementing and supporting an AWS environment using automation and design principles that facilitate extensibility, maintainability, and security. You understand the importance of and have experience with developing stable, testable, and repeatable change management processes for software and cloud infrastructure within these environments and may even have experience with making them more secure, observable, and recoverable. You might have a working knowledge of supporting databases and disaster recovery processes or otherwise have an interest in this area.
You have a passion for supporting teams with the goal of building and delivering compelling products faster. You aim to make automation self-serviceable and easy to consume. You have made both good and bad technical decisions and learned from all of them. You’re excited at the prospect of contributing to engineering best practices as the organization grows.
You are an enthusiastic teammate, who engages in collaboration and proactive discussion. You are an effective communicator who can explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. You work with confidence and without ego. You have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of ownership in your daily work. You have loosely held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You can surface your unarticulated assumptions. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to support your fellow teammates.
Our Current Stack:
- Web Frameworks: Rails, React
- Data Storage: Postgres, Redis
- Cloud Technologies: Heroku, AWS, Lambda, RDS
- Data Transformation and Analysis: Fivetran, dbt, Tableau
- Able to work legally in the US
- Willing to work during standard work hours for the US East Coast
- Extensive AWS experience from an automation/change management perspective
- High Proficiency with Git, GitHub workflows, and CI/CD automation
- Proficiency with shell scripting
- Experience with Terraform or similar IaC infrastructure management software
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Good communication skills
- 4+ years’ experience in software engineering or DevOps
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience implementing or supporting agile security policies within the development lifecycle; including code analysis, compliance, monitoring, threat investigation, and vulnerability assessment tools
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity processes
- Collaboration with off and/or near-shore development teams
- Experience with secure development practices (OWASP), SAST, DAST, and SCA
- Experience with infrastructure and application monitoring
- Some experience or familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Note: we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship at this time.
Preporuke se učitavaju...