Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of AI and data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses. We are an all-remote company, working from all over the world.
Used by over 16,000 dealers, CarStory combines artificial intelligence and the industry’s largest database of inventory and shopper insights, to help dealers sell more cars and make more money. As the pioneer of Inventory Intelligence, CarStory’s predictive AI sets a new standard for transforming analytics into answers.
HomeStory is a leading partner of digital consumer experiences for companies in the financial and real estate industries. We are a diverse set of talents with the mission to create the best customer experiences in big data analytics and artificial intelligence, enabling people to make better decisions for life’s largest purchase – their home.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Operations team. You will be working closely with Engineering to build, maintain and optimize anything from Java/Scala services, Node.js applications and Cassandra clusters. We are looking for candidates who have a wide experience in AWS, but also Linux system administration.
- Working with the Engineering team to design, build and maintain scalable systems that support high traffic web services and back-end tools and applications
- Planning and executing projects to improve production infrastructure
- Performing and automating production deployments
- Running self-managed projects related to improving Vast’s systems
- Proactive communication with Vast co-workers and business partners, in Serbia and the U.S.
- Participation in the 24×7, multi-tier on-call rotation
- 2+ years AWS cloud experience (deep knowledge about common AWS services, experience working with CloudFormation, network and application security, etc)
- 3+ years Linux administration experience (Red Hat and Ubuntu based distributions preferred; knowledge of standard system tools such as awk, sed, grep, top, ps, lsof, cron)
- General systems programming / scripting experience (Bash is a must, Python is a plus)
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken English
- System management/config management using tools such as Chef and Rundeck
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
Some of the benefits of working at Vast include:
- We are an all-remote company, working from all over the world
- Full time employment
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Paid home and mobile internet
- 100% paid sick leave for up to 30 days a year
- Equipment for the Home Office
- Budget for training, certificates and books
- Individual psychological-educational sessions
- English language classes
- Virtual and real team gatherings and activities
- Sports activities
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume electronically, we’ll be glad to talk to you.