In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team:
Web Summit Engineering consists of several cross-functional teams, working on tools and systems that help our attendees maximise their conference experience.
The focus of this Senior DevOps role is on infrastructure and processes around our release management and (automated) testing workflows.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll integrate the Engineering teams and work side by side with Engineers and Product Owners to improve release management infrastructure and processes
- You’ll work with the SRE teams to increase awareness of day-to-day issues for developers and inform reliability roadmap
- You’ll work to consolidate and improve a testing strategy across all Engineering teams
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Ability to understand large, complex distributed systems with many moving, interrelated parts.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with building and maintaining building pipelines (CI, CD)"
- Experience in automation and procedures to facilitate the release management cycle
- Strong experience working with a cloud provider (AWS preferred) for at least 4 years
- Knowledge of tooling such as Helm, CircleCI, Terraform, Github/Gitlab, Jenkins, etc
- Experience in change management around Engineering processes and culture
- Experience working with Product Owners or Product Managers in the past
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.