TX Group is Switzerland's leading media house and digital hub. We provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive our businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
Our Unity team is looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer.
Unity is a fully in-house developed, cloud-based CMS (Content Management System) which is used by all of our major brands like 20min.ch, tagesanzeiger.ch and many more. The content that is written and produced in Unity is consumed daily by more than two million readers and has over one billion page impressions per month. It is a central hub for editorial staff, which empowers writers and journalists to publish, review and distribute different types of media and articles to our variety of online news sites and platforms.
Unity It is built from the ground up with multi-tenancy and multi-user collaboration in mind, with a contemporary approach based on microservices, websockets, and a modern front-end stack, and is developed by a core team of focused and ambitious software engineers.
You are a passionate professional who wants to work in a stimulating environment backed by a modern and well established front-end stack. You have spent at least 4 years obsessing about front-end technologies and delivering amazing web applications.
You strive for clean code and intelligent software architectures.
It is important to you to be part of a team of smart and respectful people.
You have 4+ years of experience with most of the following topics:
- Software engineering: common algorithms and data structures, as well as concepts like common architectural patterns
- Web development: web-specific topics like network protocols, developing for the browser
- CSS: solid understanding of CSS and techniques, approaches and variants. Knowledge of the styled-components library is a plus.
- React.js including functional components and hooks.
- Testing: experience with different types of software testing (unit / visual / e2e)
- Jest, Enzyme, Puppeteer
Benefits and perks:
- Being part of establishing a Swiss based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- Competitive salary and a variety of benefits
- Great equipment
- You will have a big influence on how millions of users consume news in Switzerland
- Our international team of talented engineers works with state of the art frontend technologies; you can expect clean code and clean unit tests.
- We have a thriving engineering culture with internal conferences, occasional hackdays, and an always-open ear to leftfield ideas
- Diversity in the Unity team is embraced on multiple levels
- With over 300 other software engineers across TX Group, you will be able to access a large knowledge base and learn a great deal from your colleagues