uWeed is delivering happiness by helping consumers to find the perfect match of legal cannabis products for their needs and to buy it with peace of mind through a WOW shopping experience.
We are a one-stop multi-brand online shop for anything hemp and cannabis. We launched our activities in 2018 in Switzerland (uweed.ch) and after reaching 7-digit sales in 2021, worked on expansion to several EU markets from January 2023. In order to support our EU expansion, we are looking for a talented Ecommerce Technology and Integration Manager to join our team and help drive our ecommerce platform to new heights.
uWeed is a diverse and remote-first company headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Our small workforce is spread internationally across Europe, Asia and Africa. Our core employees values are impact, empowerment, fairness and continuous improvement.
The Ecommerce Technology and Integration Manager is a hybrid role, combining the responsibilities of a Product Manager for our ecommerce websites and an Integration Specialist for our various platforms, tools and systems. You will act as the bridge between business requirements, user needs, and technical implementation, making critical decisions to shape the platform's success.
1) Product Management
- Defining product vision and strategy: responsible for setting the direction and goals for the ecommerce platform, taking into account the company's overall objectives, market trends, and customer needs.
- Analyzing user behavior and feedback: Use data and customer insights to inform decisions, continuously improve the platform based on user behavior, feedback, and market trends.
- Managing the product roadmap and prioritizing features and improvements: Create and maintain a detailed roadmap outlining the planned features, improvements, and timelines for the ecommerce platform and other tools, ensuring that stakeholders are informed and aligned.
- Defining success metrics and monitoring performance: Establish clear and measurable criteria for evaluating the success of new features and improvements, tracking performance against these benchmarks to make data-driven decisions.
- Coordinating product launches and releases: Work closely with the development and marketing teams to ensure smooth product launches and releases, communicating new features and improvements to internal and external stakeholders.
2) System Integration Management
- Defining integration strategy: Work with the leadership team to understand the organization's needs, objectives, and technology landscape and develop a strategy for integrating systems that align with the organization's goals and requirements.
- Identifying and evaluating integration tools and technologies: Research and recommend appropriate integration tools, technologies, and platforms, considering factors such as cost, scalability, flexibility, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Designing and implementing integration solutions: Design and implement the development of integration solutions, ensuring they meet the organization's needs and follow industry best practices. This may involve creating APIs, middleware, or custom connectors to enable communication between systems.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting: Responsible for monitoring the performance of integrated systems and resolving any issues that arise. This may involve identifying bottlenecks, fixing errors, or optimizing processes to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Ensuring security and compliance: Ensure that integration solutions adhere to security best practices and comply with relevant regulations, such as data privacy and industry-specific standards.
- Documentation and training: Create and maintain documentation for integration projects, including technical specifications, user guides, and process flows. They also provide training and support to end-users and other stakeholders as needed.
- As least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in ecommerce, product management, or technology integration roles.
- Strong understanding and know-how of ecommerce platforms, notably Woocommerce, Shopify, Shopware
- Proficient and ideally certified in project management methodologies (e.g. SCRUM Master and tools, UX/UI front-end analytics (e.g. Hotjar) and analytics (e.g. GA4, Big Query)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across diverse teams and prioritize effectively
- Self-starter that can independently plan work, is results-driven, and able to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in the cannabis or hemp industry is a plus but not required.
What We Offer
- 100% remote and flexible position allowing you to organize work around your life
- Competitive salary in line with level of seniority
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in an exciting industry that is evolving quickly
- Professional development opportunities and room for growth, both on and off the job
NO DEVELOPMENT OR RECRUITMENT AGENCY DESIRED