Senior Network Engineer
Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Sr. Network Engineer! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit-group. We need some network engineering help to make business operations flow smoothly.
As a well-rounded Sr. Network Engineer, you should be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and relishes challenges outside of your comfort level! You will be touching some of the most cutting-edge network and optical equipment on the market, so you must come armed with well developed problem solving skills. Also needed is a willingness to take risks and learn new technologies as soon as (or before) they come to market.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Troubleshoot any issue related to overall network health, be it backbone or customer facing, hardware or software
- Perform turn-ups of new circuits with both customers and vendors
- Monitor overall network health (logging and metrics) for any potential issues
- Schedule maintenance windows for code upgrades, capacity augmentation, or other
- potentially impacting network changes
- Upgrade / replace hardware across the network, working directly with the network architects
- Respond to and work to resolve customer issues via phone, chat, or support tickets, during work hours or during rotating on-call schedule
- Provide feedback on improving automated system tools that support the network
- And of course, since this is a startup, we aren’t just asking you to wear one hat. When you get a break, you can assist any of our other teams!
WHAT YOU BRING:
The right candidates will most likely have a CS degree and have a strong background working in large scale telecommunication environments, with a proven track record of completing projects on time in spite of obstacles.
- Candidate should have extensive experience with routing protocols (IS-IS, BGP, MPLS), common network designs, and best practices found in large scale service provider, data center, and cloud networks
- Expert level understanding of various Layer 2 interconnect technologies, their applicable uses and typical industry implementations, including but not limited to L2VPN and EVPN/VXLAN
- Abundance of hands-on experience with carrier class routers (Juniper, Cisco)
- Understanding of optical transport equipment and its underlying technologies.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting both long-haul and regional/metro DWDM networks
- Experience with major datacenter providers (Equinix, Digital Realty Trust, Coresite, etc).
- Familiar with facility interconnection methods and use of “remote hands” for installations and troubleshooting
- Intermediate-plus understanding of current ‘off box’ provisioning and operational tooling
- Experience with Python, shell scripting, and netconf
- Experience with managing your own tasks and projects, and a highly organized mindset
- Extreme customer facing mindset, with the ability to communicate with customers when under intense pressure
- Not too big for the small jobs, not too small for the big jobs
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.
Deadline for applications: 08.12.2022.
PacketFabric redefiniše kako kompanije koriste i grade mrežne (network) usluge. Ova kompanija jednostavno, ekonomično i stabilno povezuje mreže i sve svoje usluge pruža preko svog API portala.