With local support of TNation Company
TNation is a company specialized in providing software services. The clients are leading companies from North America and Western Europe.
EQS Group is a leading international provider of regulatory technology (RegTech) in the fields of corporate compliance and investor relations. It was founded in 2000 in Munich, Germany. Today the group employs around 400 professionals and has offices in the world’s key financial markets.
We are looking for a Senior PHP Engineer.
Possibility of remote work.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers to architect, develop, deploy and operate services in a micro-services environment. You’ll own your team’s services end-to-end.
- Build scalable and highly available services, always pushing to the next 9 in availability.
- Ensure your service is well tested, architected and meets your teams coding standards. You’ll drive observability topics such as logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Support the continual improvement of your more junior teammates via mentoring, pair programming and code review.
- Extensive experience with PHP. Symfony is a plus. You are comfortable with the ins-and-outs of PHP from libraries and debugging tools to caches, thread-pools and memory management.
- A passion for shipping. Bonus points for Trunk Based Development. CI/CD is your default. Putting code live every day is standard practice.
- Architecture skills – Both code and infrastructure. SOLID and DDD are exciting to you. People know you as the person who is always talking about “Decoupling,” “Onions,” and “Hexagons.”
- Database performance and optimization skills, especially in MySQL. You can walk us through all the steps in a large query and tell us in which order they are executed and how to optimize the execution path. Explain is your friend.
- A “Best tool for the job” mentality. You are not a zealot and know that having a hammer doesn’t make everything a nail. You aren’t afraid to try something new and know how to build consensus and knowledge in the team for new tech and concepts.
- Excellent communication skills (in English). You can naturally work with people from different backgrounds, both technical and non-technical. You are comfortable defending your ideas and challenging others. People enjoy working and debating with you.
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack. PHP, Symfony and Docker in an orchestrated microservices environment, with micro-frontends built in Angular.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning platforms, a personal training budget, conferences and certification courses are a few of the ways we help you grow yourself.
- Personal development goals, with time and guidance on achieving them, along with regular feedback from your team lead is how we support that growth.
- A great atmosphere. Regular company-sponsored social events, a talented international team, and a common purpose to unite us.
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives you plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- Choose your tools and equipment. Are you a Mac? A PC? Fine with us. Choose your machine, accessories, editors and tools. We believe a comfortable engineer is a productive engineer.
- All the standards like flexible working time, remote work, company sponsored sports programs and some extras like our share matching program.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that are selected for an interview.