We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our WordPress.com team. In this role, you will help us bring the dream of democratizing the web to life, and work with our product engineering teams to deliver better quality in less time to our users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an experienced Quality Engineer, you will help implement test strategy and improve the quality of our product offerings. If you are passionate about software quality and want to help empower development teams to build high-quality products, come work with us!
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Deeply understand and know how to apply the most appropriate test methodologies at all levels of the stack, and are able to articulate comprehensive & maintainable test strategies for a product or feature.
- Are willing to spread test methodologies and a quality approach to the rest of the engineering org. You are always looking for a better way to do things.
- Triage efficiently, prioritizing issues by the highest impact and scope. You know how to get the right bugs fixed.
- Are disciplined, with an eye for detail, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Like working in a collaborative, agile, and distributed development environment.
- Have a strong willingness to learn.
- Are unabashedly customer-focused.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet up with your teammates in person. Important note: at the moment all company travel has been suspended due to COVID-19. Automattic is monitoring government and health agency reports closely and responding however possible to prioritize safety and well-being for everyone.
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with open-source software and/or open-source contributions.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
HOW WE WORK
- We're fully distributed! This isn’t your typical work-from-home job. Everyone works from the location they choose. We’re spread out all over the world in more than 70 countries.
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed and principles.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce around the world.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
These are exciting times at Automattic and you’ll have an outstanding opportunity to shape the future of quality for our products. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Automattic's benefits
Oni su ljudi koji stoje iza WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, WordPress VIP, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, Atavist, Happy Tool idrugih. Ponosni su što su kompanije sa preko 1100 autmatičara u 75 zemalja koji govore preko 90 različitih jezika.