Senior Site Reliability Engineer
THIS ROLE IS GREAT IF YOU HAVE...
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in administering large-scale SaaS applications in one of the major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM Cloud)
- In-depth knowledge and 2+ years of hands-on experience with Linux
- Fluent in writing code with 2+ years of experience coding in a popular coding language
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in automating cloud system monitoring and operations with scripting
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with large scale cloud systems
- Experience in a DevOps oriented organization
- Knowledge of Cloud Management Platforms
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE...
- Design and deploy our world-class SaaS products using containerization (Kubernetes/Docker) and cloud services (AWS, VMWare on AWS, etc).
- Drive our super-large-scale multi-tenant clusters while guaranteeing great uptime
- Apply your software/programming expertise, combined with your in-depth understanding of system and cloud services in order to continuously improve our infrastructure and products
- Commit to a 40-hr week, mostly Monday to Friday and meet aggressive weekly goals
Crossover, the world’s largest #remotework company is looking for high performing Senior SREs for long-term, full-time roles. We offer 100% #remotejobs working with the best talent from around the world. You will be working with one of the largest cloud-based SaaS operations in the world with over 100 applications and thousands of users. It is a great opportunity to design and manage large scale cloud-based multi-tenant clusters as well as our SaaS products running on top of it.
As a technical leader in a high performing SaasOps organization, you will be working with the top 1% of global engineering talent, you will be accountable for maintaining best in class performance, reliability and cost of our SaaS products and clusters. The pace is fast and rewarding as you will be solving the hardest problems in our products and processes. Apply now to start your long-term career path with us and shape the #futureofwork.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will be responsible for the uptime, performance and operational cost of a large-scale cloud platform or some of our SaaS based products. You will make daily and weekly operational decisions with the goal of improving uptime while reducing cost. You will drive improvements by being familiar with the latest emerging trends in the cloud and SaaS technologies. All your decisions will be focused on providing the best in class service to the users of our SaaS products.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer in Crossover, you will get an opportunity to learn and work on cutting-edge monitoring tools, which allow you to operate at a scale of thousands of servers for 70+ different software companies.
The candidate will be exposed to our metrics-driven culture, which is the foundation of our success in measuring and improving every engineering process and product we deliver.
Working with the top 1% talent will help the Site Reliability Engineering master managerial as well as technical skills. Ultimately Crossover’s dynamic environment will allow the candidate to move fast, set and achieve aggressive goals.