Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a member of the Armani team, you will work on our first-class client sign up and onboarding flows. The team owns the Client Application and Acquisition areas which consist of a few applications. The Armani team is aimed to grow quality clients and build scalable operational support. This is a high impact area, full of exciting product and technical challenges. As part of the Armani team you will drive development and solve non-trivial problems.
Most of the features we develop are rolled out gradually using A/B experiments. Decisions we make are backed up by data. We design, build, and maintain GraphQL APIs, React/TypeScript components, and integrations with multiple 3rd party apps.
We’re working hard to help our client leads onboard and become happy customers.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- You will test and validate first-class software serving thousands of businesses every day.
Among other responsibilities:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Work closely with the product team, stakeholders, and users from the preliminary planning through to having a holistic view to plan and deliver new features.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Development experience including design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of test automation in Ruby on Rails.
- Work to maintain and improve our automated test suites.
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and grow as a part of the team.
- Actively participate in meetings including Scrum meetings, squad meetings, pair programming sessions, etc.
In the first week, expect to:
- Begin your onboarding and integration into Toptal.
- Get familiar with our product portfolio and team structure.
- Learn our processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Implement your first test .
- Have strong knowledge of Toptal’s business.
- Start working on regular team tasks and become familiar with the business domain.
- Attend regular meetings, like technical calls, retrospectives, and the monthly Engineering All-hands meeting
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be actively engaged in the development of new features your team works on.
- Develop automated tests to ensure that our products flawlessly support our business and behave at sky-high quality standards.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Develop your team’s trust to make strategic decisions in regard to tools or methods involved in the QA process.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most.
- Have a detailed understanding of Toptal’s technical stack, collaboration rituals, processes, performance, and future work.
- Determine what your career path looks like at Toptal.
- Have 5+ years of Quality Assurance and test automation.
- Great spoken and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of OOP, databases, development, and test methodologies.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Strong automation developer who can work independently.
- Good experience & knowledge in web application automation & related tools/packages. (like selenium or other alternatives).
- Hands-on experience with different tools - Testing tool, Version Control systems (Git), Test Management Software, Bug Tracking software and CI tools. (Jenkins, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Have a focus on details.
- Critical thinking and enthusiastic skepticism.
- Bonus points for knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Toptal je globalna mreža vrhunskih talenata u poslu, dizajnu i tehnologiji koja omogućava kompanijama da skaliraju svoje timove na zahtev. Sa 200 miliona dolara godišnjeg prihoda i preko 40% rasta u odnosu na prošlu godinu, Toptal je najveća distribuirana radna snaga na svetu.