Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will join the team responsible for developing and managing the Top Team product, an internal Toptal toolset that facilitates the organizational housekeeping tasks primarily in its People management application. Other applications of this product are a company multi-level OKR management system and a peer-to-peer performance review tool. Our team consists of front-end and back-end engineers. You will complement it from the QA end.
We are a product team with a dedicated Product Manager, and the end-users we deliver value for are our internal staff. You will have the opportunity to participate in development of new features and in improving the quality of the existing codebase. In addition, you’ll have a chance to meet with a wide variety of people all across the company, from peer engineers to top-level Executives from different departments.
We are working with an established modern (React, TypeScript, Webpack, Babel, Jest, RTL, to name a few) front-end architecture, backed up with a robust backend tech stack of Ruby on Rails and GraphQL. This is used by many other teams in Toptal too. We are also building our UI using our in-house built components library, Picasso. For end-to-end tests, we are more and more extensively using Cypress as our primary testing framework
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Design and write end-to-end tests for all new features in our product, as well as for the functionality that already exists;
- Thoroughly test all the individual testable and deliverable pieces of work we add and change on daily basis;
- Maintain, automate and develop the existing test suite across the project;
- Review the work of your colleagues;
- As a true teammate, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress;
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the mentors that will guide you during the onboarding month;
- Get acquainted with our tech stack;
- Get familiar with our system architecture and all the tools that we use. Learn about the processes that we follow.
In the first month, expect to:
- Attend regular meetings, like technical calls, retrospectives, and the monthly Engineering All-hands meeting;
- Start working on regular team tasks related to the migration and become familiar with the business domain.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Start contributing to the technical topics as well, understand the application, and the general testing system;
- Learn and take part in the utilization of the latest testing technologies;
- Deliver value in regular cadence;
- Get comfortable with the daily work routine of our team;
- Review code written by your colleagues;
- Be ready to propose improvements to Toptal’s processes and codebase.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become a key part of the team, be responsible for certain areas, and help others inside and outside of the team;
- Contribute to planning and executing multi-sprint initiatives inside our team;
- Write end-to-end tests and, when necessary, help out the team with manual testing;
In the first year, expect to:
- On-board, mentor and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team;
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most;
- Exchange 360 feedback with peers in a periodic review cycle.
- Full autonomy in every aspect of daily work - be able to unblock yourself by finding the right people or help.
- Have a solid QA automation experience, being primarily focused on adding end-to-end tests.
- Familiarity and willingness to invest in Contract Testing methodology. Related experience is very much welcome;
- Being a team player - avoiding solo performances, helping others.
- Caring for the quality - eager to review code, writing tests for your code.
- Caring for architecture - applying best practices, using software design patterns, bringing ideas for improvements.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Deadline for applications: 29.10.2021.