We are looking for: Senior System Engineer | DevOps.
Seven Bridges is connecting the world’s biomedical information to accelerate research and improve health. We are collaborating with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders.
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enables scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
As a member of our system engineering/devops team you will be working on automating our deploy system, infrastructure architecture, and application monitoring. You will be working together with our Engineering team to constantly improve quality and stability of our system and help us scale highly dynamical infrastructure running up to thousands of servers in parallel.
Some of the tasks you would be focusing on are:
- Maintain multiple environments on several different cloud providers.
- Making sure that the infrastructure can support our platform at any given moment.
- Monitor thousands of instances in real time.
- Research new technologies that will make our platform even more resilient.
- Automate as much work as possible.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Very good knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration and internals.
- Good knowledge of Bash, Python or Go.
- Have working knowledge of network design and implementation.
- Have extensive working experience with automation, monitoring, and deploy processes.
- Have experience with maintaining an infrastructure ran on top of major Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- Have experience in working with containers.
- Be familiar with configuration management tools.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
Seven Bridges will give you the opportunity to learn some of the latest technologies, while working on a complex and dynamic product that constantly presents interesting challenges. Complexity of your tasks will be constantly growing as the product evolves making a dynamic environment where quick problem solving is applied to day-to-day tasks.
We value our team more than anything else. We like to learn from each other and share knowledge. Our engineering team is built upon a culture of initiative and openness, where we embrace open discussion about potential technical solutions and genuine curiosity. We value expertise, integrity, accountability, and patience.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomics and be part of our engineering team, please send us your resume/CV and a cover letter. Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges!