At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Test Engineers work within our cross-functional development teams, which we call pods, both as mentors and individual contributors. TEs are expert testers, capable of showing their pod members how to build the best quality in their products, support them in getting feedback about the quality delivered (both manual and automated), and ensure their releases are stable, reliable and that they meet our very high standards of quality.
- Ensure the pod you work has a growing understanding of how quality is built. This should be translated into fewer bugs going to production, an increased confidence in the quality delivered and a faster velocity within the pod.
- Ensure there are defined metrics around quality and that they are being tracked consistently and automatically
- Ensure there is timely, reliable feedback on the quality delivered, by performing manual and automated validations of the changes within the release
- Collaborate in the creation and improvement of test tools, libraries and frameworks, and use them consistently to increase the test coverage of the applications you work
- Collaborate with other TEs in improving our strategy, tools and processes, share knowledge and mentor less experienced testers
- Passionate about quality, testing, automation and continuous improvement
- Deep understanding of software testing process and best practices
- Ability to test software with clients’ needs and wants in mind
- Great analytical skills, skilled problem-solver and critical thinker. Understanding how features can be tested and at which level should be natural to you.
- Great knowledge of software development processes and methodologies, especially agile (scrum, kanban)
- Great attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- You embrace a dynamic and fast paced environment. You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- You are a self-starter who is highly self-motivated
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
Deadline for applications: 24.09.2021.