Typical projects on the CCBill side include integration with new processors or partners, ongoing improvement, and enhancement of our high-volume systems, as well as the design and implementation of new systems or solutions to meet our expanding business goals. Performance, availability, scalability and especially security are constant concerns in a competitive and PCI DSS audited industry. On the PhoenixNAP side, projects include frequent integration of new technologies or services based on strategic business partnerships with other industry leaders as well as the maintenance of, and integration to, our already wide portfolio of product offerings, such as Colocation, Cloud, Bare-Metal, Security and DRaaS.
Working closely with an international and highly skilled team, the Software Architect will assist business specialists and other architects to achieve strategic goals; participate in architectural designs and development and apply various principles of enterprise architecture in new business procedures. He/she will provide strategic direction by performing future-oriented architectural research and creating new architectural concepts for various projects.
- Designing systems exhibiting flexibility, scalability, security, reliability, and maintainability; must understand the tradeoffs of each.
- Must be able to master and keep abreast of CCBILL and PhoenixNAP architecture, and be able to successfully support future and current projects.
- Applying existing solutions and frameworks where applicable to fulfill new project requirements; favor integration over creation.
- When needed, designing new components to fulfil requirements and ensure that solution design is within the technical strategic direction; make recommendations for strategy change and improvement.
- Interacting with other business specialists, architects, team leads, quality assurance, and testing teams to collaborate on system designs to ensure successful project completion according to requirements and those solutions fit within enterprise product roadmaps.
- Learning new technologies and finding relevant applications in order to analyse their validity and disseminates valuable technology and application research and knowledge to department team members.
- Analyzing the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the use of computer resources and develops recommendations based on the analysis.
- Participating in analysis and designing activities so as to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all elicited requirements.
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or related, relevant experience.
- Exceptional business and technical knowledge.
- Good programming language skills such as Java, GO, C# are highly preferred.
- Experience with distributed software systems and remote invocation technologies.
- Exposure to high-volume, high-availability web applications.
- Awareness of Open Source community solutions and 3rd party solutions in the marketplace.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language.
- Experience with Linux and MS Windows operating systems.
- Experience with database systems; preferably MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Experience using version control systems; preferably GIT.
- Experience with RESTful API and microservices.
- Mastery of written and spoken English.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.