We are a Dutch company, that develops software for corporate clients, but we also have products of our own that we design and sell. Our largest clients are from the financial and public transport sectors - think banks and public transport organizations. We work together with them in solving their business problems by using the latest technical solutions.
Our own product is Facility Pro 5, a cloud-based suite for cashless payments at vending machines, printers and copiers, and catering. We design payment devices (terminals), as well as backend software for managing them, and end-user portal, for end clients. FP5 clients are usually large universities or industry plants, like Daimler, Porsche, and Toyota.
As a company, we excel in gathering very exceptional IT people, and we give them space to do their best, in a community of ambitious and talented peers. This way we have excellent working conditions, and the ability to offer the best possible solutions and innovation to our clients. Mutual trust, respect, and understanding between us, our employees, and clients are the foundation on which we build our company. We are also a member of the United Nations Global Compact initiative (http://www.unglobalcompact.org).
Our offices are located in the Netherlands, Haarlem (our HQ), and in Serbia, Novi Sad.
As a (Senior) Software Engineer you are responsible for designing, implementing, and (unit) testing our software. You are independent, but part of a team that has a shared responsibility to develop high quality, mission-critical software products.
You know your way around large codebases, and are capable of elegantly implementing new functionality within the boundaries of a software architecture. You have a passion for the craft of software engineering – you write legible, testable code, and are constantly aware of the side-effects of your design choices.
Ximedes offers you the possibility to work in a professional environment, surrounded by smart, curious colleagues with a joint ambition to create the most beautiful, clever, and elegant software possible.
- Our ideal colleague is a team player who enjoys developing software and writes good code fast; an efficient problem solver with a sense of detail, but fully aware of the bigger picture
- A minimum of four years of experience with software development and design
- Knowledge of Java development and experience with open source frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, React, Backbone, Selenium, Cucumber, and Jenkins
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience with Mobile Development (Android, iOS, HTML5) is a plus
What we offer
- A modern way of work in an open and informal setting
- Secure and stable job with a competitive salary
- 28 paid days of holiday per year and a flexible, 8-hour working day including a one hour lunch break
- Private pension and private healthcare packages
- New office space with top facilities in downtown Novi Sad, including snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Occasional trips to Holland fully paid for by the company, as well as visits to conferences
- Team building activities, a chill lounge in the office, and beer after work every Thursday
Deadline for applications: 23.10.2019.