SnapAV+ Control4 is a leading manufacturer and distributer of audio, video, surveillance, power, and wiring equipment for residential and commercial A/V integrators. We believe that life’s better when everything works together. And the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart home experiences to people around the world.
The Software Development Engineer will report to the Director, Interoperability Smart Device Software and will be responsible for helping design and deliver new capabilities that will challenge yourself while noticeably impacting people's quality of life. Drivers are key software components that allow Control4 systems to interact with other devices and systems, providing a unified solution for the end-user customer. The individual will be a member of a close-knit team that is passionate about delivering the best to our internal and external customers. A successful candidate will be able to deliver drivers enabling the highest-quality solutions used every day by businesses, families, and individuals.
- Maintain and improve existing drivers, including the driver for the Neeo remote control
- Passion for software development that raises the bar for quality and testability
- Develop test automation for new and legacy software
- Communicates effectively with the team and management about opportunities and challenges
- Collaborate closely with other teams, as well as internal and external customers and partners
- Develop new metrics and gather data to drive innovation and reliability
- Hold oneself and others accountable for delivery and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Electrical Engineering, or other Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics degree; or 4+ years of similar on-the-job and training experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Lua and React
- Experience with source control
- Experience with enterprise DevOps, CI/CD solutions, automation, scripting, and configuration management