With tens of millions of active users and hundreds of thousands of daily downloads, we’re among Europe’s leading app developers. Our sights are set on becoming the world #1. At the very core of this thrillingly ambitious mission is our team of bright, innovative, and collaborative software engineers.
Join our quest and learn how to create beautiful, robust code to automate processes, amaze users, or manage mountains of data. We can’t wait to teach you all our secrets!.
A few examples of your responsibilities
- Constantly improve the quality of our products, tools, or infrastructures by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary.
- Participate in product development, discovering how complex product roadmaps come into being.
- Work closely with our software engineers to expand our set of libraries and make our processes ever-more efficient.
- Learn about the latest and greatest technologies, testing the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
What we look for
- Passion. You love what you do, and your enthusiasm never wavers with the specifics of a given task or team. Whether you’re on a plane, train, or sofa, odds are that you’ll be found with your nose in a book or article on the subject.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring, and are forever hunting down new opportunities and testing fresh ideas. Rather than waiting to be told what to do, you go seek.
- Accuracy and precision. Your attention to detail is spot-on, and you’re painstakingly accurate.
- Drive. You’re energetic and hard-working, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Attention to detail. You take all the care in the world to develop quality user experiences for your colleagues, go the extra mile to learn what they need, and pore over the details that make the difference.
- A collaborative nature. You can understand others and work well with them, balancing patience and assertiveness.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your team with whatever it needs to succeed.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
What we offer
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and our cutting-edge workflows.
- International reach. We’re a global company, and your work will have worldwide exposure.
- Real impact. We automate most menial tasks, freeing you up to focus your expertise where it can make the biggest impact.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning investments, including Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- Wonderful HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces... the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and regular company-wide retreats. Recent destinations include Bali, Mauritius, and Tanzania.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan (should you decide to relocate), the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
The selection process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we’ll invite you to take on a few tests that assess how you approach and solve unfamiliar problems. These tests don’t require any prior knowledge, and they should take a few hours to complete. If you’re successful there, we’ll invite you to take part in some interviews—normally two or three —to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. To limit human bias, all of our hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee rather than any individual.
Spooners come from all over the world and English is our working language. We welcome applications in English or Italian—whichever suits you best!
All interviews and assessments take place in English and are held online.
Bending Spoons is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.