CCBill is an online payment services provider with 20 years of experience in the industry while it’s integration partner, phoenixNAP is a global IT services provider with a footprint spanning 16 Datacenters across 5 continents. We specialize in infrastructure-as-a-service offerings spanning from Colocation, to Cloud services in partnership with VMware, to Bare Metal infrastructure with partners such as Intel and Arista.
Working closely with an international and highly skilled team, the Software Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting the deployment of new products and ensuring the health and smooth operation of our business-critical production systems through their monitoring, maintenance, fault identification and resolution.
Typical projects on the CCBill side include integration with new processors, improving reporting and enhancement of systems that can handle high volume transactions with high availability over 3 satellites in Phoenix, Ashburn and the Netherlands. On the PhoenixNAP side, projects include maintaining current systems while working on the management gateway for public cloud and bare-metal offerings.
Due to the nature of the role, the Software Operations Engineer must be a good team-player and communicator, have very strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, be driven towards learning about and contributing to our in-house systems and partner technologies, be driven towards ensuring the health of our production systems and strive to maximize customer satisfaction.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with an on-call rotation (approx. 1 week per month)
This role could be a fit for you if:
- You are an experienced developer with good troubleshooting and analytical skills who wants to take on the challenge of playing a key role in supporting and maintaining complex production systems. You want to learn what goes into supporting a system after it hits production and provide feedback to implementation teams for the further betterment of the product.
- You are an experienced Systems Administrator, with some programming knowledge or a proficiency at scripting who wishes to work on cutting-edge, highly complex software systems. You want to leverage your Systems knowledge and experience to help maintain and improve our production infrastructure whilst working closely and learning from colleagues who are highly skilled in the software space.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Extensive understanding and experience with core programming languages, Linux operating systems.
- Maintains existing codebases and applies upgrades to CCBill’s existing product lines.
- Constant learning of CCBill’s existing product lines.
- Interacting with Software Testers and Software Operations Team Lead to ensure all code is modified with minimal impact on daily operations.
- Interacting with the Software Operations Team Lead to ensure all goals are completed on time.
- The employee is to report to his or her supervisor if unable to attend work.
- Excellent knowledge of Java; scripting languages such as Perl also preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Linux
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with an Application Server such as Tomcat
- Ability to work in and embrace a team environment, especially cross-department projects/issues
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate.