Software QA Engineer
Location: Novi Sad
Interested in a brand new project?
- Do you have a University degree in computer sciences/related degree or equivalent field experience?
- Have you worked for at least 3 years in a Quality Assurance role?
- Then join our team and we promise an experience like no other!
The Software QA Engineer will be responsible for the testing of product lines and reporting defects. The applicant should have a technical background, be familiar with the typical software development lifecycle, and object oriented programming concepts.
A qualified candidate will develop and execute test cases, report defects and work closely with development to ensure production readiness for company software.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform multiple types of black box, grey-box and white box testing including functional, system, end-to-end, smoke, regression, and ad-hoc testing.
- Submit comprehensive defects using our bug tracking system.
- Regress and verify defects as needed.
- Ability to review a defect and triage it to the correct department/team member.
- Record results and provide metrics.
- Analyze requirements and write test cases.
- Design test plans from business requirements and specifications.
- Provide work estimates.
- Ability to escalate issues when need be.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- BSCS or related degree or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ overall Quality Assurance experience with an engineering focus.
- Practical working knowledge of software testing methodology and Quality Assurance fundamentals. (Both Waterfall & Agile development methodologies).
- Strong knowledge in writing clear test cases.
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Basic knowledge of test automation (Selenium, Protractor and/or Cypress)
- Experience using Linux/Unix/Windows OS.
- Experience in testing web applications.
- Expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to work in and embrace a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stay focused on the task, ensuring that timelines are met and operations are not adversely impacted.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Willingness to improve knowledge in QA field.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience using an IDE, such as Visual Studio Code.
- Experience in API testing
- Git experience
What we offer:
- A highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Colorful offices in Novi Sad city center
- Soft drinks, tea, coffee, and fruit
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- Private health insurance
- Casual Fridays
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and CV in English.