About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that crafts the financial markets? If you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to seek some of the world’s most sophisticated problems. And you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance, then BlackRock is the right place for you.
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Testers who like to innovate and seek sophisticated problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will adopt your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most sophisticated financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies.
You will have the chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the Aladdin Product Group.
The Engineering group you will join coordinates Investment Café, a modern Cloud-based Software as a Service offering, Number one leader in its market with its half million users and one of our most exciting and innovative products from a business and technology perspective.
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Data-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to seek the problem
Ideal candidate is a Tester with the passion for getting to the core of possible issues, able to understand a complex system from inside out. Knowledge of using tools for testing is a phenomenal plus, but not a deal breaker.
As a QA Engineer, your primary role will consist in refining and validating new features as they are implemented as well as deep testing the product with a strong focus on improving the processes and reinventing ways to be more efficient.
- Analysis of the product, assessing the risk and the requirements of the User stories implemented and testing the features
- Depending of the skills and interests, writing automated tests on UI and API level
- Participating in the continuous development of the QA standard practices and procedures and the Scrum team activities
Technologies and Concepts involved:
- Team Foundation System / Azure DevOps / Jenkins.
- Agile Practices (Scrum).
- Performance and Load Testing using Jmeter.
- API automated testing using Soap UI.
- UI automated testing using SpecFlow / Cucumber / Selenium with Java/.Net/Python.
The candidate is encouraged to possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
- University Bachelor or Master’s degree (School of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Faculty of Mathematics or Economy) or relevant work experience
- Experience in Software Testing.
- Experience in testing Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with some of the following tools is a plus: Rest Sharp, Rest Assured, Soap UI, Selenium/Specflow
- Knowledge of .Net, C#, Java, Python or SQL is a plus
- Understanding of complete product lifecycle and QA processes
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.