WHAT TO EXPECT
Working at Camlin you will be part of a successful software team with a track record of effectively delivering exciting leading edge software solutions that add real commercial value to our global customer base. As a Software QA Engineer, you will be a part of an agile team testing bespoke web applications across Camlin’s extensive product portfolio. You will be challenged daily. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. You will make a solid contribution at all stages of development. You will have the opportunity to develop and enhance your technical skills and the freedom to follow your chosen career path. You will be empowered to make decisions and encouraged to improve process at every opportunity. You will be encouraged to take a holistic quality approach to enhance and improve our system solutions and products.
Overall, you will be a highly valued member of the Camlin team.
- Actively collaborate with agile team to identify requirements and elaborate acceptance criteria
- Work effectively within team to define testable use case scenarios
- Define, document and implement system test plans and test cases.
- Perform manual end to end system test executions on bespoke complex web Applications
- Analyse test results to ensure requirements are met and report any defects that may arise.
- Perform exploratory testing to increase test coverage and overall quality
- Collaborate with developers to facilitate integration testing of new feature functionality
- Test using production data to assess impact on production and minimise deployment issues.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- A third level qualification in Computer Science/Software Development or related engineering discipline
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience as a QA Engineer or similar role involving verification and validation of large complex distributed systems
- A proven ability to accurately test, analyse, evaluate, and report issues that may arise
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines across multiple projects at the same time.
The following skills will be valuable but are not essential:
- Relevant Testing Qualifications such as ISTQB Foundation – Software Testing
- Knowledge of basic Linux/Unix commands
- Knowledge of SQL and database administration
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Be familiar with REST API testing clients (POSTMAN, Insomnia)
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance Schemes
- Smart / Remote Working
- Subsidised Gym Membership/Wellness programmes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.