Around since 1994, Arise Virtual Solutions Inc. has created a disruptive technology platform that connects the world’s biggest brands with the largest network of gig-economy Service Partners in the BPO industry. Owned by Warburg Pincus, one of the world’s largest Private Equity Firms, Arise is the work-from-home pioneer and now the CX Transformation trailblazer. We are changing the way the world WORKS with every major brand that we support. Come be a part of the revolution as a regular-full-time employee of Arise Virtual Solutions!
Arise is seeking a Sr. Network Security Engineer to join our dedicated Security team. This is an opportunity to further your career in the important and expanding field of Information Security. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for security and compliance and a commitment to accuracy and execution. We are looking for someone with strong background in all types of network device management and configuration, LAN/WAN protocols and routing, voice system experience, cloud (Azure/AWS) and hybrid environments, communication skills, business analysis, and previous experience coordinating projects and the ability to work cross-functionally.
What you will take on:
- Provide operational and thought leadership and advocate in all areas of network security
- Responsible for device policies and firewall rule standards
- Review firewall rules, analyze data flows, business requirements and create design plan to ensure rulesets are consistent with least access requirements applied at all levels
- Coordinate review, testing and change control to implement orderly update and maintenance of firewall rules to ensure alignment with minimum necessary access.
- Review network device configuration, set standards, design processes to ensure consistent configuration, enforce and monitor
- Review vendor and other documentation and sources of information to stay aware of new updates, vulnerabilities and other advisories
- Perform risk analysis on vulnerabilities, version releases and advise on deployment prioritization and strategy
- Configure, implement and/or optimize existing intrusion detection systems – monitor and respond.
- Work with IT network engineers to develop strategy, roadmap for improvements in network design overall, segmentation, availability, maintenance, security.
- Manage compliance, investigate anomalies, track to resolution and report
- Ensure all systems are configured to log activity at appropriate level to Arise SIEM, logs are received parsed and monitored appropriately
- Coordinate with internal security and third party SOC to optimize, monitor, respond to SIEM alerts and SOC escalations
- Coordinate with web team and application owners to ensure properly managed risk of public facing applications and websites
Project and Implementation:
- Manage network and general security related projects as required coordinating resources from multiple teams to ensure successful outcomes
- Participate in new business initiatives and product development activities to promote and implement functionality necessary to support required network security capabilities including Arise move to cloud hosted solutions
Audits and Compliance:
- Conduct periodic audits, report, maintain documentation, diagrams and other outputs required to demonstrate audit compliance
- Review and remediate, with appropriate teams, all issues found in security auditing reports
- Assist in processing, coordinating and responding to all security and privacy audits, including PCI and SOC 2, Type II audits, and other requests for information
Our new team member will need:
- College degree (BA/BS/BE) preferably network engineer degree, telecom engineer degree, or degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related IT fields.
- 8 plus years of direct IT experience
- 5+ years of experience as primary or senior network engineer for a medium to large business with responsibility for strategy and security compliance
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Proven experience with securing networks and applications in datacenter and hybrid cloud environments
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods.
- Network engineer certifications such as CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC Security Certifications.
- Experience meeting regulatory and audit requirements PCI and HIPAA
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Experience coordinating with multiple teams and third parties to accomplish company goals.
- Communication skills and the ability to work with external partners
- Ability to adapt to changing business situations
- Ability to break down complex projects into concrete actions
- Ability to present ideas and recommendations effectively to different audiences
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Joining a diverse group of awesome individuals Making a Difference every day
- ~70% of your Health/ Dental/ Vision/ Flex Spending Benefits paid by Arise
- 401k – 40% match starting on day 1
- Tuition Reimbursement of $4,000 each year!
- Generous PTO Plan starting from day 1
- 9 holidays and 1 Diversity Day
- Maternity & Paternity Paid Leave
- Life and Disability Insurance 100% paid by Arise
- Work hard AND have FUN! We play a lot at Arise.
When smart creative and passionate people get together, the results are astounding and the opportunities limitless! Achieve your potential at Arise.