What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Create and maintain a proactive and stable IT environment as well as provide IT support to our Epic people. You will be empowered to shape processes that deliver optimised IT service across our business. Work with emerging technologies while enabling IT success for everyone. By being deeply embedded as a local IT for the 3Lateral/Cubic Motion team (DHI initiative), you would evaluate initiative business needs and determine how it can be supported by leveraging software, hardware or infrastructure and make sure that they are in alignment with the rest of the company.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an IT Generalist who will be responsible for designing, deploying and managing the next generation of 4D volumetric capture systems, network and compute solutions via integration of a broad spectrum of individual hardware and software technologies. What we are doing bears similarity to High-Performance Computing (data acquisition from large number of machine vision cameras, data management, high-bandwidth low latency network, cloud and hyper-converged computing, petabytes of storage, GPU enabled compute systems for data processing, mix of Windows and Linux compute clusters)
In this position, you'll be asked to partner with cross-functional groups across the organization including various global hardware and software development, product management and research team members, vendors, VARs and more. You will be participating in all aspects of the DHI IT infrastructure life cycle development and solutions, including gathering of requirements, planning, implementation, testing, quality assurance and documentation. We are looking for individuals who are innovative, organized and have exceptional communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Work on the architecture design, configuration, deployment and ongoing management of global HPC data acquisition and data processing infrastructure (including operating systems, software defined storage solutions and networking devices)
- Serve as a solution developer and problem solver
- Identify and implement new services and opportunities for improving automation & orchestration across the DHI infrastructure
- Help the task Lead and Project managers in planning.
- Work with programming and technical staff in all aspects of daily work in order to understand the needs of stakeholders over the broad range of IT services
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and paradigms including storage, compute, networking, virtualisation, backup and container technologies
- Insights in private and hybrid cloud concepts and IaaC business logic with automation as engineering vector
- Experience with Linux Container solutions (Docker), orchestration tools (Kubernetes) and Cloud Computing Services (AWS)
- Experience with Git, Ansible, Powershell, Jenkins and Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS
- Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete information, while under pressure, and while maintaining project focus.
- Ability to challenge the status quo for established work procedures and practices, with the goal of improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment and make decisions quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics,
- Five years of experience in one of the following fields: information technology, system administration, or high-performance computing.
Nice to have skills
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence technologies, such as general machine learning algorithms and neural networks
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS
- Familiarity with system administration, monitoring, and maintenance of secure HPC environments
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals (e.g., work plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports) and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of modern big data solutions, data services and data security concepts
- Knowledge of gaming industry terms and standards is a plus
- Knowledge of computer vision concepts is a strong plus
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Deadline for applications: 24.07.2021.