Technical Sales Engineer
The position of Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible to provide consultative technical direction and support to the VP Cloud Solutions plus regional field sales and inside sales reps.
The Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for leading technical presales, technical problem-solving with existing accounts, preparing and delivering sales presentations, product demonstrations, attending trade shows and seminars where required, empowering sales channels through training and team selling.
This position will also be responsible for evangelizing and positioning the industry's first purpose-built data protection solution for the Google Cloud Platform.
- Provide technology leadership and direction for internal teams and customers to solve technical data protection challenges.
- Masters technical leadership and subject matter expertise on data protection software portfolios and competitive offerings in the backup recovery and monitoring spaces.
- Serves as a technical expert to develop and propose solutions that meet a customer’s technology and business objectives.
- Delivers compelling and persuasive technical and sales presentations to internal teams and to technical and senior management staff at our customers.
- Designs and delivers technology solutions to architect, install, configure and administer Data protection software portfolio.
- Desire to lead and be part of a fast-paced, results-oriented team that knows how to have fun, solve the most complex customer’s technical and business challenges and challenge the status quo.
- Travel required approx. 30% of the time.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in technical engineering
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES – SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about technology.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform, Linux and/or Windows Servers technologies.
- Experience in Managing or Selling Backup & Recovery/Data Protection, Storage Experience or virtualization (VMWare, AHV, HyperV) as well as managing or selling Enterprise/Datacenter Infrastructure/Software.
- 5+ years of Technical Sales Engineer experience preferably in a software or data center environment.
- Experience Managing Enterprise Applications like Exchange, Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, Oracle &/or SAP, next-generation databases like Casandra, MongoDB, cloud infrastructure and infrastructure automation through scripting (python, shell, Powershell) also beneficial.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT/BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present, write and converse effectively with multiple audiences of varying levels of sophistication
- Strong presence and personality resulting in the ability to build trust and respect quickly
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and excites and inspires peak performance from all members of the organization.
- Low ego leadership style where respect is earned from actions, not titles.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Must possess strong practical judgment and work ethic and be highly resourceful.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and customer engagements in tightly defined timeframes.
- Self-driven, energetic and hands-on, can do and get it done attitude
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A secure, well-grounded individual who possesses integrity and honesty and strives for excellence in all endeavors.
Due to the vast amount of applications we receive, we can only contact candidates that qualify for the interview phase. We thank you for the time you’ve invested in sending us your application.