We are looking for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for writing technical articles for publication on the company’s blog website. The goal of the articles is to promote company products and services as well as raise brand awareness. These articles will be related to our phoenixNAP product line which includes bare metal servers, bare metal cloud, colocation, cloud services, as well as technical concepts such as datacenter operations, operating systems, networks, IT security, hardware, and software.
Documentation must be structured to ensure clarity and usability with illustrations and clearly written text and must be optimized for search engines.
- Position is full-time
- Working hours are a minimum 40 hours per week Monday to Friday office hours
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Write technical articles for external publication. These articles will include introductions to concepts or products, “how-to” procedures, and the potential customer uses for technologies or products.
- Works with the Technical Writing Team Lead, Marketing, and the company’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) specialists to prepare the articles to be optimized for search engines and match the look-and-feel of the external websites.
- Works with internal technical resources to ensure technical information in articles is accurate before being released.
- Works with internal editing and writing resources to review the text written prior to publication.
- Focuses on creating and editing Blog articles for our phoenixNAP brand.
- Responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of online content.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Extremely strong, fluent written/verbal English is mandatory. Familiarity with American colloquial English a plus.
- High level of technical aptitude and ability to learn and understand technical concepts required.
- Previous experience in writing about technology, data centers, cloud computing or other related fields is a plus.
- SEO knowledge and working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Ability to edit and produce images in tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Snagit is a plus.
- University degree, particularly in writing, English, or a technical field a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work with other internal teams in a variety of areas, including technical, business/product, marketing, and editing/writing.
- Ability to read and understand technical system specifications/documentation.
- Ability to follow a style guide and to create technical communication according to company-determined standards.
- Experience working with content management systems (e.g., WordPress).
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of creativity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, including executive management.
- Ability to deliver content regularly and to deadlines
What we offer:
- Highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Introductory training
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Colorful offices
- Unlimited soft drinks, tea, coffee, and fruit
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- Private health insurance
- Sports activities and team buildings
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and a cover letter and CV in English!