We are currently looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our Ava team - digital health startup with the aim to revolutionize women’s health. Ava works on a wearable device, smart app, and proprietary predictive algorithms to empower women by giving them unique clinically researched insights and personalized data about their menstrual cycle, fertile window, and pregnancy delivered in a way that’s convenient and non-invasive. Ava is a global, award-winning brand with strong social network communities.
Things you'll work on:
- Review software specifications, provide feedback and plan testing activities together with the existing QA team
- Create concise, comprehensive and well-structured test plans based on specifications
- Create and maintain the automated testing frameworks for our Android and iOS apps.
- Create and maintain the automated testing frameworks for our backend platform.
- Contribute to manual testing of our mobile apps and firmware, when needed.
- Create and manage complex test environments and simulate essential use cases
- Work closely together with the development team and ensure high quality of upcoming releases
- Plan releases with the team and run full regression and smoke tests
- Create bug reports, support our customer success team and work with the development team on resolution of issues
- Keep track of your work, support the documentation of test plans and reports and make sure to follow Ava’s development process
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- At least 3 years of working experience as a QA Automation Engineer
- Strong understanding of common testing principles and methodologies
- Basic understanding of software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in at least 2 of the following tools and technologies: Java/RestAssured, Python, Appium, Postman, Jira, Jenkins, Scala/Gatling.
- Experience in testing mobile applications and backends
- Understanding of software development lifecycles in a regulated industry is a big plus
- Willingness to work flexibly, in an interdisciplinary and international environment, depending on the current project status
- Strong analytical skills and process-oriented work style with a structured, independent approach to work and focus on getting things done
- Stress-resistant, even in fast-paced and busy situations
- Fluency in English (German and other European languages are a plus) and willingness to travel
What we can offer you:
- High-growth company in which you can find exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Familial working atmosphere in an open-minded multinational team
- All necessary equipment
- Budget for professional development (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of the English language during the working hours
- Budget for the mastery of the German language after the working hours
- Skilled and senior co-workers
- Opportunities to build products that really make a difference
- Opportunities to learn and grow with us
Apply here for this position, or check out other positions that we have.