The Opportunity – Testing activities for our largest project.
We are looking for a results-driven QA Tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software functionality, performance, and usability. The Software Tester will conduct tests, analyse the results, and report observations to the development team. To be successful as a QA Tester, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyse the results. Ultimately, the Software Tester should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
Core responsibilities include:
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Executing tests on software functionality, performance, and usability.
- Analysing test results on errors or bugs, usability, new functionality, or performance.
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
Testers are involved in Pre-planning and Story grooming sessions and especially add value in the following activities:
- Defining testable user stories, including acceptance criteria
- Determining the testability of the user stories
- Creating acceptance tests for the user stories
- Participating in project and quality risk analyses
Testers are involved in Sprint planning meetings and especially add value in the following activities:
- Planning the testing for the release
- Creating acceptance tests for the user stories
- Defining the necessary test levels
- Breaking down user stories into tasks (particularly testing tasks)
- Estimating testing effort associated with the user stories and all testing tasks
- Identifying functional and non-functional aspects of the system to be tested
- Supporting and participating in test automation at multiple levels of testing
Testing in Sprint
Testers are involved during Sprint and especially add value in the following activities:
- Performing Exploratory Testing of new Features
- Writing Automated Regression Tests for new and existing features
- Integrating and Executing Automated Tests on a CI server
- Feedback as soon as possible to the team in case of any issues
- Update Acceptance Tests when new scenarios are thought of
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
The role of a tester in an Agile team includes activities that generate and provide feedback not only on test status, test progress, and product quality, but also on process quality. These activities include:
- Understanding, implementing, and updating the Agile Test Strategy
- Work with Product Owners to define Acceptance Criteria and the Definition of Done.
- Measuring and reporting test coverage across all applicable coverage dimensions
- Ensuring proper use of testing tools
- Configuring, using, and managing test environments and test data
- Writing and executing automated checks and reporting back to the team
- Reporting defects and working with the team to resolve them
- Coaching other team members in relevant aspects of testing
- Ensuring the appropriate testing tasks are scheduled during release and iteration planning
- Actively collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness
- Participating proactively in daily stand-up meetings, story grooming sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Within an Agile team, each team member is responsible for product quality and plays a role in performing test-related tasks.
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a Agile Testing Mindset.
Agile Testers need to break away from the principles and working methodologies of traditional software development.
The Agile Testing Mindset, could be summed up in twelve principles:
- Quality Assistance over Quality Assurance
- Continuous Testing over Testing at the End
- Team Responsibility for Quality over Tester’s Responsibility
- Whole Team Approach over Testing Departments and Independent Testing
- Automated Checking over Manual Regression Testing
- Technical and API Testing over Just GUI Testing
- Exploratory Testing over Scripted Testing
- User Stories and Customer Needs over Requirement Specifications
- Building the Best Software over Breaking the Software
- Early Involvement over Late Involvement
- Short Feedback Loop over Delayed Feedback
- Preventing Defects over Finding Defects
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.