Kriptomat, the most user-friendly government-regulated European cryptocurrency exchange is looking for a new colleague to join us in the role of Ruby on Rails Developer (remote role based in Europe, preferably in Serbia).
Would you like to become a part of an innovative, bold and growing team? Are you passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain industries? Would you like to be a part of the team developing web applications from scratch for up to 1 million users & more?
Then, please read on!
Who are we?
Kriptomat is a fintech company headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia. Ever since we got founded in February 2018, we have been growing and providing an unparalleled service to our clients. We are working tirelessly to ensure everyday people can purchase, store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies effortlessly. This movement has just begun, and we look forward to providing our crypto community with outstanding solutions for many years to come.
What is this role about?
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to help us manage the interchange of data between the server and the users. The primary focus of the person working in this role will be development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
In this role you will:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby on Rails code
- Perform the integration of data storage solutions Postgresq and MongoDB
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Perform tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3 years of experience as a Ruby on Rails Developer
- Has experience with Ruby on Rails libraries, along with other common libraries such as RSpec, Sidekiq and Devise.
- Has good ActiveRecord and Postgresql knowledge
- Has good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Can write clean, readable Ruby code
- Is able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understands the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Is able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Is able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Has proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git
- Has experience with microservices architecture
- Has solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Has a good understanding of MVC, ORM, and RESTful
- Is familiar with continuous integration process and containerization of applications (docker, kubernetes)
- Has a good knowledge of the Agile/Scrum development process, Linux OS and its dev. libraries and tools
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude, responsible
Ideal, but not a must:
- Experience in working on a microservice type software, as opposed to monolithic enterprise software
- Bonus if you know SQL and NoSQL, Kafka , RabbitMQ and Designing microservice based software architecture
- Previous experience in a successful start-up company
- Previous experience in fintech/crypto industry
- Previous experience as a Senior Backend Developer or Team Lead
While this is the experience/qualifications we would love our Ruby on Rails Developer to have, we are also open to consider applications of those who do not fully meet the listed criteria. If this role interests and excites you, but you don't have all the experience/qualifications listed above - please apply and tell us about that in your cover letter.
What do we offer?
- Work with a highly collaborative, innovative, diverse, and bold team, passionate about crypto and committed to continuous learning and personal/professional development
- Enjoy remote work with all the necessary equipment for maximum comfort and performance
- Access anything you need for your continuous professional development – from training courses and reference books to a personally organized growth plan
- Be an owner of your flexible working hours and results
- Have fun at team building activities and workshops
We review applications continuously, so please apply as soon as possible!