CCBill is an online payment services provider with 20 years of experience in the industry while it’s integration partner, phoenixNAP is a global IT services provider with a footprint spanning 16 Datacenters across 5 continents. We specialize in infrastructure-as-a-service offerings spanning from Colocation to Cloud services in partnership with VMware, to Bare Metal infrastructure with partners such as Intel and Arista.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will work with a team responsible for the underlying systems as they relate to all PhoenixNAP products and work closely with operational leads to ensure that the infrastructure needs of all cloud-oriented business units are met. Day to day responsibilities will mostly include working on tickets, new builds and interfacing with clients.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment alongside a highly motivated team.
Success in this position will be measured by the individual’s ability to maintain current systems, deploy new environments, and provide exceptional support to our customers.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 5pm until 1am.
On call: part of an on-call rotation, approximately one week in every six weeks scheduled on call.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform 3rd level support for public, private, and hybrid cloud customers
- Responsible for daily technical operations and service request resolution
- Proactively monitor, identify, and resolve system ailments
- Participate in provisioning of new environments and capabilities
- This position will have on-call responsibilities
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Client facing support and interaction
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of basic cloud methodologies and virtualized infrastructures
- 1+ years’ experience with virtualization (VMware preferred)
- Should have a moderate understanding of networking principals
- Experience backup software (Veeam preferred)
- Experience with disaster recovery replication software (Zerto, Veeam, VMware preferred)
- vCloud Director experience is a plus
- Knowledge of HPE storage systems a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow complex procedures
- The ability to support stressful situations, tight deadlines, and demanding customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management
- AS or BS in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or other hard science