TeleSign is a communications platform-as-a-service (CPaaS) company, founded on security.
Trusted by the world’s leading websites and mobile applications, our suite of easy-to-integrate APIs and SDKs uniquely combines data intelligence with messaging communications to enable businesses to more effectively engage customers, keep accounts secure and prevent fraud.
- Production Support Role with 24 x 7 responsibilities, work with Global Operations team to deliver 99.99% uptime. Coordinate and collaborate with DBA team members on priorities and support items requiring research.
- Provide database administration for Linux based database engines, TeleSign’s production Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL DBs, Cassandra or MySQL.
- Support activities include DB installation, deployment, maintenance, performance tuning and optimization (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine), troubleshooting/resolving DB problems, DB backups/restores, and insuring DB monitoring is in place to proactively alert Technology Operations to issues.
- Support Developers with database queries patterns, table design, and performance recommendations. Key development units include high transaction volume OLTP/API products, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, Data Science and Knowledge Engineering.
- Work closely with key staff to design/build a data warehouse from existing data sources. The data warehouse will support effective business operations through decision support, trending and reporting on key corporate performance indicators.
- In conjunction with other senior technical staff, act as DB expert to deliver highly available, reliable DB platforms to support the business.
- Provide consultative support for those less knowledgeable of DBs and their capabilities.
- University Degree in applied sciences or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years’ database experience on Linux based systems, with Postgres, MySQL, or Cassandra preferred equivalent experience with Oracle may a substitute for these platforms with MSSQL nice to have.
- Experience in resolving DB problems, including working with DB providers, DB performance issues, use of native monitoring tools.
- MCITP is a plus but not required.
- Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery, High Availability, backup/recovery, replication.
- Understanding of indexes, index management and statistics.
- Experience in setting up DB replication.
- Experience in being “go to” DB resource.
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development-based environment, preferably SaaS or cloud delivering based product offerings.
- Experience in SSRS and/or OLAP cubes.
- Some experience in scripting to support operations automation for DB related activities.
- Understanding of Internet security concepts.
- Familiarity with voice telecom and SMS messaging terminology.
- Ability to help other learn more about DBs and their effective use.
- Basic knowledge of BI concepts (cubes, ETL) and MS BI tools.
We are offering
- Good compensation - Competitive € salary plus benefits package.
- Development opportunities.
- Challenging but also a friendly working environment.
Join our team, send your application in English language electronically.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with absolute confidentiality.