We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who will support the Linux infrastructure within Telesign Operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The technical operations team, working in conjunction with development and release engineering teams, employs an Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of deployment of Telesign’s products and infrastructure.
The Operations team environment includes staff in Marina del Rey, CA, and Belgrade, Serbia. Team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management-based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong DevOps experience along with proven Linux skills. Candidates must self-motivate and demonstrate the drive to research and complete assigned tasks whether working independently or as a member of a global, cross-organizational team.
- Build, implement and maintain the virtual machines in a hybrid (Public Cloud and On-Premise) environment using DevOps tools, process and procedures
- Provide support for production and testing environments. This includes troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and processes
- Ensure Telesign’s availability SLAs are met through highly available and redundant infrastructure
- Effectively utilize internal ticketing system to manage workload and provide regular status updates on assigned projects and tickets
- Use available tools to monitor, manage and track system performance to ensure customer satisfaction and provide data in support of customer queries and feed to performance and capacity planning.
- Work with Telesign security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation shared across global operations teams.
- 2+ years experience with DevOps automation configuration management and orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes)
- Proficiency in bash scripting and additional language such as Python, Ruby, or Go
- 2+ years in supporting systems using several of the following:
o Virtualized environments (AWS, Docker, VMWare)
o Proficiency with database architecture (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
o Proficiency with Observability tools (Grafana, Datadog, Icinga, Pagerduty)
Understanding of basic networking design (TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing).
Nice to have:
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools both on-premise and cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, ELK Stack, Fargate, Lambda, SIP and/or SMPP protocols.
- Linux based relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra).
We are offering
- Good compensation - Competitive € salary plus benefits package.
- Development opportunities.
- Challenging but also a friendly working environment.
Telesign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Telesign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Telesign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Join our team, send your application in English language electronically.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with absolute confidentiality.