As a Linux Engineer you will be responsible for handling day-to-day project work, including providing proof-of-concept deliverables, product analysis, technical leadership, and architectural input for multiple concurrent initiatives. You will also serve as an escalation point for junior staff within Application Services and will serve as an SME for various products.
You’ll assist and mentor Linux Administrators and Junior Linux Engineers with issues escalated from other support teams as necessary.
- Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Depending on the seniority employee might be part of a 24/7 on-call roster
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Acting as a senior-most technical resource to junior administrators
- Researching and testing unfamiliar technologies
- Assisting in defining standards as requested
- Proficient understanding of Unix/Linux environments (EL)
- 5+ years’ experience with Apache, Tomcat Nginx, SSL, and deep understanding of the Http protocol
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby
- 4+ years’ experience with J2EE and understanding of microservices architecture
- 2+ years’ experience managing and administering MySQL (preferred experience with MySQL replication), Mongo or other SQL
- Experience with working with any configuration management tool such as Puppet (preferred), Ansible or Salt
- Experience with REST and SOAP interfaces, experience working with API-based relational databases
- Knowledge of Layer 7 switching, application delivery, and global services load balancing
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- Familiarity with security standards (PCI DSS 3, CIS)
- Familiarity with industry standards and technologies is a plus. This includes virtualization, F5(i-Rules/tcl), Java, Posix LHS, mod_rewrite, clustering technologies, platform-as-a-service, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development practices is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Systems
- Enterprise-level monitoring tools such as Sensu
- Puppet Enterprise and Ansible for configuration management
- Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube, and Artifactory for Java builds.
- CentOS 6 and CentOS 7
- Mongo, Active MQ, Jira, Media Wiki, Bitbucket Server, and GitLab
- Enterprise load balancers such as F5 (LTM and GTM)
What we offer:
- Work in a world-renowned international company
- A highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Constant support and coaching
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- 25 days of paid leave and 5 days of paid sick leave per year
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV in English!