Principal Architect in Applied Cryptography (Web3 Innovation)
As a Principal Architect in Applied Cryptography at IOG, you must be an engineer, an architect, an applied cryptographer, and a leader - it’s a multifaceted role. You have the exciting challenge of working with bleeding-edge research and technology, always with a focus on the market's needs. You will be a leader of an exceptional team, working on everything from Post-Quantum prototypes to hand-optimization of existing primitives to completely new products. To support you on this challenge, we have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists, and QA test engineers, with whom you must have high bandwidth communications.
- Champion the applied cryptography team
- Captain end-to-end development and delivery of new products
- Spearhead prototyping of cryptographic products
- Translate research into rigorous engineering specifications and implementations
- Meticulously review cryptographic protocols and proposed primitives
- Contribute to industry standards and operational best practices
- Identify where the business needs to be next and get it there.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics is desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 4-5 years development experience (professional or otherwise) in the required language (C, Rust, Scala)
- Experience working with Git and version control
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Expert knowledge of applied cryptographic engineering & best practices
- Expert knowledge of both asymmetric and symmetric primitives with cryptographic signing systems
- Expert knowledge of Elliptic Curve crypto-systems
- Expert knowledge of ZK protocols, Multi-Party Computation (MPC)
- Familiarity with blockchain cryptography and constructions
- Practical experience with implementation of cryptographic primitives
- Expert in terms of secure design (constant time, operational security, management of key material)
- Security sensibility related to cryptographic implementation
- Good theoretical cryptography and mathematical knowledge
- Ability to read cryptographic papers, explain them, and manage delivery of their implementation
- Ability to create and deliver public presentations about our solutions
- Knowledge of pairing-based cryptography is a bonus.
- IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in an EST or GMT time zone for this role.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Input Output HK je kompanija za istraživanje i razvoj i lider u industriji na polju kriptografije i distribuiranih sistema. Otkako je kompanija osnovana 2014. godine, bila je pionir na novoj teritoriji u blockchain istraživanju, unapređujući znanje o industriji koji je proizveo njen tim kriptografa i istraživača.