IOG, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Software Test Engineer to join an exciting project, Catalyst. Catalyst is the largest decentralized innovation fund in the world, with thousands of participants proposing, reviewing, voting on, and implementing innovative ideas. Catalyst uses cutting-edge techniques such as collective intelligence, game theory, sense-making, collaboration and decision-making. The aim is to launch projects while measuring outcomes and rapidly iterating to achieve the best processes possible to translate the wisdom of the crowds into tangible value by bringing products and services to life.
Our blockchain engineers, app developers, theorists and community managers are working together in a start-up-like environment to add collaboration tools to human processes and create a friendly and engaging experience.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop testing objectives
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build or script new tools for testing and validation
- Execute and analyze automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform validation testing during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Support technical services as the escalation point for reported bugs.
- General computer science skills (operating systems and networking)
- Coding skills (Rust)
- Test automation skills (desktop, API, web, integration tests)
- Infrastructure deployment and configuration skills (dev/test ops, CI/CD, Git, virtualization, containerization)
- Distributed systems development/testing skills (good to have)
- Testing on mobile devices as bonus (Android, iOS)