Who Are We?
Catalyst Balkans is a regional nonprofit that provides data and tech for other nonprofits and companies to help them do more good in their communities.
With our tools – Giving Balkans philanthropy database, CiviCatalyst community relationship management platform, Donacije.rs crowdfunding platform and Neprofitne.rs, a nonprofit transparency platform – we are changing the way nonprofits and CSR departments work. We help them make more informed and better decisions and have a greater social impact in their communities.
Now we are looking for a Sys Admin Intern with both skills and passion to join our 27-member strong team in Belgrade.
What Do We Offer?
- Paid internship, with remuneration of RSD 15,000 net per month
- Internship period: 3 months (with possible extension)
- Work hours: part-time (20 hours per week), flexible schedule
- Training, mentoring, and constant development of marketable skills
- Everyday work that makes an impact on others
- Supportive, open, and relaxed working environment
- We continue to work remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic. As the pandemic subsides, we will slowly reopen our downtown office near the Botanical Garden, but again – with the remote first policy
What Are We Looking For?
Recent graduates or final year students from IT related faculty. This position is best suited for those who are familiar with Linux OS and/or Linux based servers. Those who thrive to pursue professional carrier as System Administrator or DevOps or thrive to be that IT person in civil society sector. If you satisfy the requirements bellow, we encourage you to apply. Self-taught candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Linux command line (Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Debian, CentOS)
- Basic knowledge of installing, configuration of Linux packages and managing Windows
- Experience with Apache2/Nginx or any other web server applications
- Excellent command of both Serbian and English (written and oral)
- Problem solving ability
- Eagerness to learn
Preferred Qualifications (candidates that satisfy the following will have an advantage):
- Understanding of networks, DNS, VPN, routing, firewalls and network management
- Experience with any scripting language (e.g., Bash scripting, Power Shell, Python)
- Experience with Windows servers (Windows Server 2012 and higher)
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, PHP, and SQL
- Familiarity with any Content Management System (Drupal/WordPress)
- Experience with any CRM software
- Experience in the nonprofit sector or any activist background
What Will You Be Doing?
- Managing servers, update & upgrades of packages
- Configuring Linux packages, applications, Drupal extensions, WordPress plugins and CiviCRM extensions
- Using monitoring (Nagios) and server access for troubleshooting possible issues
- Using Office365 admin environment and its resources to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Reinstalling and configuration of laptops for colleagues
- Offering ongoing technical support for both our colleagues and clients (email and phone)
- Helping in Implementation and troubleshooting of open-source CRM solution for non-profit clients (CiviCRM) - via Aegir puppet management system
- Helping and offering support to clients
Want To Join Us?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter in English. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in working with Catalyst Balkans and what do you believe you would bring to the team.
Please note that only complete applications, including CV and cover letter, will be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview (via video call).
The desired start date would be mid / late October.